Camp Shenandoah Trail Work Day
CAMP SHENANDOAH TRAIL WORK DAY
Saturday March 24, 2018
9:00 am to 4:00pm
We will be working to finalize the Camp Boundary Trail and Elliott Knob Access Trail. Anyone who is available to help is welcome. We will meet at the Maintenance Area at 9:00 am. Bring Gloves , Water, and Trail Snack/Lunch. Tools and materials are available at Camp. Should you be interested in helping let Howard Davis know so projects can be planned. If you need to leave early that would be ok.
Possible work projects include:
- Maintenance walk through of the existing section of Boundary Trail and Elliott Knob Access Trail to remove any blow downs, measure distance, and note Trail Maintenance Needs.
- Mark Boundary Trail Route Across Field on North Side of Camp with Posts.
- install Signs at Trail Junctions.
- Some side hill Trail construction on section of Boundary Trail in the Field near the Wallenborn Natural Area.
- Begin Construct of Boundary Trail section through woodland on north side of Camp near Little North Mountain State Game Land.
Special Need: Will be digging numerous Post Holes. A tractor driven or portable gasoline engine post hold digger would help speed up the process.